iSalus is excited to announce our roll-out of Release 19.7, which will be implemented on Sunday, November 17th, 2019. This update will include several new features, workflow improvements, and bug fixes. Check out the following product improvements you can find in our new release.
– W H A T ‘ S N E W –
Billing – Payment Posting (ERA + EOB) Overhaul – Phase 1
One of the more notable changes you will find is the addition of several new setup screens for the new ERA and EOB Payment Posting Process that we are actively developing. These new setup windows will allow a practice to set up business rules that will drive how ERA’s and EOB’s are auto-posted in the system.
iSalus will be conducting several webinars in the near future to explain this new process in detail and provide guidance on how to configure these screens to meet the needs of your practice. Please note that the new setup screens will not actually do anything in this release. Rather, this is allowing you to prepare for our next release that will introduce the automated payment posting process that will rely on these rules.
This new payment posting process that we are working on will completely change how payments are posted in iSalus, creating a much more seamless and automated workflow.
The following new features will also be available in Release 19.7:
- Dynamic Health IT Quality Registry Integration
- Fall 2019 MIPS Updates
– W O R K F L O W I M P R O V E M E N T S –
A number of updates to the billing section of our application can be found within our new release. Users will now be able to search by claim balance in the Billing Query window. This is helpful for finding negative balances or low balances to write off.
Claims can now also be searched via a unique claim identifier that is sent to the payer in the Billing Query window. This is not the same as the claim number you usually see within the application. When an ERA or EOB is sent back, this claim identifier will be provided and labelled Claim Xref.
Receipts will also see workflow improvement changes. The ability to stop the auto-posting of specific types of receipts is available in Company Settings. The option to activate or deactivate the automatic claim status being set to Done will also be available in Company Settings when a receipt is auto-posted and the entire balance of the claim is set to $0.00.
Templates in the application have always allowed for the concept of ‘Defaults’. If a user clicked this button, all defaults assigned to that entire template would be set for all sections within the template. We have now included the option to set and/or clear defaults one section at a time. This new feature should drastically improve the workflow and provide new options for template design in the future.
In our last release, iSalus introduced a new Table View which allows a clinician to see data trends in a table format rather than in the standard visual graph. Users can now set this as their default view by activating a new company setting. Our new Table View also allows a user to manually add a new datapoint to the patient’s data set without having to leave the screen. This will be helpful when incorporating information such as lab results or other values that are reported on paper or verbally by a patient.
A new user setting to display detailed medication information is also available for activation in the Summary window. This allows users a more detailed view of a patient’s medication list while on the Summary window. Another workflow improvement that has been added is the option to set a Supervising Physician on the Superbill window in the EMR.
Nephrologists who perform dialysis rounds need the ability to determine that specific ‘Modalities’ do not have a set schedule. When this is the case, the patient is only seen once per month. The option to customize ‘No Set Schedule’ in the Dialysis Modality Values is now available in Setup for workflow improvement. Once seen in that month, the patient should then fall off of the dialysis rounds list until the next month.
Hospital rounds will also see some new enhancements. When adding a Hospital Round, it may be necessary to select a Referring Provider. This list used to be a long drop down that took some time to scroll through. This is now a search control. Prior to this release, if a user was assigned to a Hospital via the Location View, all patients assigned to that hospital would display, unless another Resource was specifically assigned to see that patient. Now, if a user is assigned to be at a specific hospital, all patients assigned to that hospital will display regardless of the resource.
Credit Card Processing
Our seamless payment integration with PaySimple offers flexible payment options that make it convenient for your patients to pay for the care you provide them in a number of different ways such as online, in-person or via mobile. Users can now find their PaySimple Account ID used for Credit Card processing in the Company Profile.
– B U G F I X E S –
EMR, My Tasks, Billing and More
When it comes to updates, little things can make a big difference. We’ve smoothed over a few details that we think will help enrich your experience with our application and squashed several of the following bugs:
- The Diagnosis Code setting that would auto push a problem used on the superbill is now fixed and working again.
- The patient Chart Number is now displayed when a user hovers over a patient name in the EMR.
- In some scenarios, an error message would appear when accessing some charts. The root of the cause was identified and fixed.
- The access issue for users that were unable to click ‘Save as faxable and open fax window’ has been corrected.
- Users can now save fax attachments to eDocuments for permanent storage if an eFax is received and shared via communication again.
- When viewing an entire SOAP Note in the MyTask SOAP Notes screen, users will be able to scroll without issues.
- Retrieving Task Counts now has an optimized code to retrieve this data efficiently for those that have a number of items in the My Tasks list.
- Letter access now reflects the correct letter results for patients based on user privileges.
- A new claim window will now be displayed if a user selects the ‘Charge Entry’ menu option from the Patient Index card in Billing Query.
- There is no longer an error when merging a patient’s race back into the chart when more than one option existed.
- Patients preferences will now be shared within the automated appointment reminder process.
- PDF’s with a comma in the filename is now viewable in Google Chrome.
– B E F O R E Y O U G O –
If you want to learn more about our application or would like to stay up to date on new and exciting changes, subscribe to our new Knowledge Base Center. Simply click one of the sections you are interested in and tap the Subscribe button in the upper right-hand corner.