He may not love the mornings, but there’s one thing our Director of Customer Success DOES love – the people he works with! From creating workflow solutions with iSalus Team members to helping providers learn new EMR tricks, Austin Myers enjoys the various relationships he’s developed (and begins to develop) during his time at iSalus. But when not at work, where can Austin be found? Find out in our latest edition of ‘Getting to Know iSalus’!
- Name & Job Role/Title?
Austin Myers, Director of Customer Success.
- How long have you been at iSalus and what is your favorite part of your job?
Going on 2 years – I love the people at iSalus and the practices we get to work with. The people make it for me!
- What is your proudest accomplishment from your work at iSalus so far?
My proudest accomplishment is definitely building meaningful relationships with several partners and seeing them be successful and more efficient as a direct result of our effort!
- What attracted you to working at iSalus?
I came from a multi-specialty background so being able to help practices from the EMR side was attractive because my experience with EMRs had been terrible. (I thought) This could be a chance to make positive change happen and make a meaningful impact in a space that is heavily frowned upon in the healthcare industry.
- Why do you like working in healthcare technology?
I like working in healthcare technology because you have the ability to manipulate technology to improve clinical workflows, making it patient-centered again!
- Outside of work, what makes you the happiest?
My wife, Erin, is definitely my crown jewel! Life is always better with her and I couldn’t be prouder to do life with her!
- What can you be found doing on the weekends?
Soccer or music. I love to get out and run and I play more instruments than I have time for!
- Are you a morning person or night owl?
Night owl for sure. Why anyone thinks mornings are great is beyond me.
- What was your favorite trip or vacation?
Hawaii. Can’t ever go wrong there!
- Are you a mountain person or beach person?
Definitely a beach person, but is it too much to ask for both?
- What has been one of your greatest achievements in work or life?
I would say getting a glowing thank you from a practice that desperately needed help – being able to extend a helping hand and see a practice go from the brink of closure to flourishing would be something I’m most proud of!
- What is your favorite color?
Black. It’s always better in black.
- What profession or job other than your own would like to be?
- What is your favorite season?
- What is one thing you do every single day that never changes?
Drink coffee. I’m afraid to know what will happen if I don’t.
- What is your favorite food or local place to go for a meal or treat?
We’ve come across a gem of a local restaurant called Oakley’s Bistro. Now a favorite!
- What is your favorite thing about living in Indiana/the Midwest?
The pace of life is much slower here and life is very simple.