Not everyone has the talent of organizing and interpreting spreadsheet chaos into laymen’s terms, but iSalus Healthcare’s Rachel does just that! Working with our clients to keep them updated on their accounts, as well as helping to keep iSalus’ finances in line, Rachel is a friendly (and always happy) face to all our financial questions and needs. Of course, you’d expect good problem-solving skills from someone who would be a private investigator if they had to pick another career! Find out more about some of the things Rachel considers her favorites in our latest ‘Getting to Know iSalus’!
- Name & job role?
Rachel Burgeson, Controller.
- How long have you been at iSalus and what is your favorite part of your job?
8 years. I enjoy working at iSalus based on the ability to work with our clients on a day-to-day basis and creating long-lasting relationships. As far as the nuts and bolts of my role, I would say my favorite part is utilizing spreadsheets and numbers as well as problem-solving.
- What is your proudest accomplishment from your work at iSalus so far?
It is hard to pick just one but spearheading our ‘iSalus Gives Back’ volunteer program brings me a lot of job and personal satisfaction.
- What attracted you to working at iSalus?
I was attracted to the close-knit work environment.
- Why do you like working in healthcare technology?
I like it because I get to see the benefits of technology helping patients.
- Outside of work, what makes you the happiest?
Spending time exploring and relaxing with my family and friends.
- What can you be found doing on the weekends?
Working on our self-proclaimed homestead or camping.
- Are you a morning person or night owl?
I was a night owl until I had a child and now have converted myself into a morning person.
- What has been your favorite trip or vacation?
The Florida island vacation I took where I met my husband!
- Are you a mountain person or beach person?
I can be either, but if I had to pick I would say mountain.
- What has been your greatest achievement, work or life-based?
By far, my son. He is astute, fearless, determined, charming, comical and full of spirit.
- What is your favorite color?
Maybe I am weird, but my favorite colors change all the time, so I would say any pastel color.
- What profession or job other than your own would you like to be?
Hands down a private investigator.
- What is your favorite season?
Spring because I enjoy watching my flowers bloom and the animals reappear.
- What is one thing you do every single day that never changes?
Brush my teeth - 2 minutes every day!
- What is your favorite food or local place to go for a meal or treat?
This is difficult for me as I enjoy eating at home, but I enjoy ice cream from a local shop called Wylie’s!
- What is your favorite thing about living in Indiana?
In Indianapolis especially, I feel we have eclectic forms of entertainment that can be enjoyed by visitors and residents.
- Anything else we should know?
I love fun facts!
Stay tuned for next month’s featured employee and don’t forget to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.