If there ever was a pink-clad, Superwoman, it would be our Carly Kakasuleff. Carly is iSalus’ Senior Business Analyst helping solve problems for our customers and supporting them in their endeavors to further implement the iSalus products into their everyday office workflow. Along with her love for blending technology, healthcare and people, Carly also has some other ‘favorite things’ she does everyday. Can you guess what they are? Find out in our Q&A with Carly below!
Carly Kakasuleff, Senior Business Analyst aka “Carly of All Trades."
- How long have you been at iSalus and what is your favorite part of your job?
12 Years. I love my iSalus Family and our wonderful customers that I get to know and help support.
- What is your proudest accomplishment from your work at iSalus/ProfitableMD so far?
Our ONC 2014 Certification in 2013. It was a massive project that a few other senior staff and I worked on to accomplish in just a few months. We put a lot of blood, mental sweat and tears into achieving that certification. Also helping 3 of our practices achieve 100/100 and over half earn exceptional performance for their 2017 MIPS scores.
- Why do you like working in healthcare technology?
I initially went to school to be a Speech Language Pathologist. I quickly learned the healthcare industry needed help providing better care for our patients, so I naturally leaned into the Informatics program at Indiana University and haven’t looked back since. Technology is such an integral part of our life. I love solving problems in healthcare using technology.
- Outside of work, what makes you the happiest?
Spending time at home on my family’s grain farm with my husband George and our two children Vincent (6) and Caroline (2).
- What can you be found doing on the weekends?
Relaxing at home in the country with my family, shopping or out on an adventure to new places.
- Are you a morning person or night owl?
I am a morning person. I get up every morning with my husband at 4:45 AM and workout. I work as an online health and fitness coach in my “spare” time helping other busy women create and live healthy, active lifestyles.
- What was your favorite trip or vacation?
I love visiting other countries. People fascinate me, and I love to immerse myself in other cultures and learn about their lifestyle.
- Are you a mountain person or beach person?
I’m a total beach bum. I think I’m like Superman and get my energy from the sun. 😉
- What has been your greatest achievement (can be work or life-based)?
My two children, and they always will be.
- What is your favorite color?
- What profession or job (other than your own) would like to be?
I would run an organization empowering woman to get back on their own two feet.
- What is your favorite season?
- What is one thing you do every single day that never changes?
Eat, sleep, workout and love on my family.
- What is your favorite food or local place to go for a meal or treat?
I enjoy a good sinus clearing from the Shrimp Cocktail at St. Elmo’s steak house in downtown Indianapolis.
- What is your favorite thing about living in Indiana/the Midwest?
I love living in the Midwest because it’s always been home. I get to experience all the seasons, we have beautiful farmland here and the cost of living isn’t exorbitant.
- Anything else we should know?
I am so grateful to be a part of the iSalus Healthcare team serving our wonderful customers.
Stay tuned for next month's featured employee and don't forget to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.