Becoming a true partner to clients who are located across the entire United States can sometimes prove to be difficult. While we continue to collaborate with you in every way possible, we thought it would be helpful to give you an inside look at the iSalus team. Welcome to our new series, “Getting to Know iSalus.” Once a month you’ll be introduced to a new member of the iSalus team who will give you a glimpse inside their life, daily activities, biggest challenges and even a few of their dreams. To kick off this new series, our fearless leader, Michael Hall, CEO of iSalus, has graciously taken the time to answer a few questions and be our first featured team member. Hope you enjoy!
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your least favorite word?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- Pacific Northwest.
- What is your idea of earthly happiness?
- Simply put, spending time with my family. Hanging out in the Back Yard, at the Drive-in theater, or Camping
- What, in your mind, would be the greatest misfortune?
- The death of a child. And in today’s world, we are reminded of this all to often.
- What sound or noise do you hate?
- That’s easy – the alarm on my phone. I get up most mornings @ 5AM, and I spend the rest of my day promising myself “tonight I will go to bed early”
- What natural gift would you most like to possess?
- To be able to sing; and as my wife can attest, I can’t.
- If you were reincarnated as some other plant or animal, what would it be?
- Bald Eagle. They are at the top of the food chain and know it.
- What profession other than your own would like to attempt?
- Carpenter. I love to build and remodel; decks, homes, and the occasional treehouse.
- What is your favorite pastime or hobby?
- Movies. This is how I treat myself; with popcorn of course.
- What is one thing you do every single day that never changes?
- Sadly, check my e-mail. Not sure I could ever really bring myself to totally disconnect.
- What is the biggest challenge you face at this point in time?
- At the moment, these questions; Beyond that, navigating iSalus through the quickly evolving healthcare landscape.
While everyone at iSalus knows that Mike loves to hear the word “Yes” there were a few surprises in his answers. Who knew he had the desire to sing? Maybe there will be a karaoke rendition of “Jump,” “Bust a Move,” or “Pour Some Sugar on Me” at the next company outing? Here's to hoping! Whatever the future holds, thanks Mike for being not only willing, but eager to participate.
Stay tuned for next month’s feature and don’t forget to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.