The OfficeEMR® MIPS Dashboard will go live mid-October. For eligible clinicians that feel like they’re ready to take on MIPS, we have put together a systematic approach to help you be successful. By following the steps below, your practice will have the potential of earning a positive payment adjustment in 2019. You’ll also have a shot at earning some of the bonus money CMS has set aside for those that score above 70 on their Total Composite Performance Score (TCPS)!
Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. First, verify that you are an eligible clinician. You’ll need your National Provider Identifier (NPI) number to do this. Once you have it in hand, visit https://qpp.cms.gov/ and type it in. Be sure to note whether the clinician needs to be included for Group reporting if they are ineligible for individual reporting. (Please note: once the MIPS dashboard is live, you will need to setup eligible clinicians for a 90-day reporting period. If you are reporting as a group, be sure to setup group reporting eligible clinicians.)
2. Purchase Mingle Analytics Performance Edition Package. Signup is located here: Mingle Signup
3. Export and load practice management Data to Mingle
4. Review measure analyzer report with Mingle and iSalus Rep to select six quality measures. Make sure one of the six measures is a high-priority or outcome measure.
5. Update Superbill and/or necessary clinical templates to track quality metrics and HCPCS codes
6. Track quality measure data within OfficeEMR® for 90-day reporting period
7. Select and Perform two of the following Improvement Activities:
a. Signup for OfficeEMR® Telehealth Service, AnywhereCare. (Learn More)
b. Signup for Chronic Care Management Services. (Learn More)
c. Begin providing after hours service to your patients
d. Select another Clinical Practice Improvements Activity.
8. Complete Base Advancing Care Information Score by completing all of the following tasks:
a. Send at least one electronic prescription
b. Perform a Security Risk Analysis (SRA) for the practice
c. Send at least one summary of care using DIRECT to a provider you referred a patient to
d. Provide at least one patient access to their MyMedicalLocker (MML) account (MML Welcome Letter is printed at check-out) .
e. Perform well on Performance/Bonus objectives to obtain full 25 ACI points.
9. Between January 1, 2018 and March 31, 2018, report ACI Measure Data, attest your Improvement Activities Attestation, and submit Quality Data to Mingle for submission to CMS.
By following the above steps, you will potentially earn an upward payment adjustment in 2019. You may also be eligible for bonus money depending on how high you rank when compared to other providers.